As I write this I am sitting in a dark room with my lovely wife and adorable, very two year old, daughter and I can’t help but smile We have all been through quite a bit this year but we made it and soon we will be visiting family we haven’t seen in much too long.
I wanted to take a moment to reflect on all that has happened and encourage you to do the same with me.
As we get ready to close out the year, what are some things that have had significant impact in your life or things you have accomplished? It can be good or bad.
– I finished my second draft of the novel I’ve been working on
– I started a new novel
– The manyfold world events have broken my heart: police brutality, our presidential election process, all the shootings, and even the celebrities we have lost this year.
All in all while it has been a productive and mostly successful year, it has also been a very difficult and grief stricken one for many around the world. Despite all this sadness and defeat I have had the joy of witnessing so much victory as well.
Victory that all of you have displayed in your passions.
In your creative spirit.
And in your humanity.
As we look to the New Year what do you hope to accomplish?
– I hope to continue to provide worthwhile content for you
– I hope to finish both of my novels
– I hope to get to know you, my reader, better as well
I know this isn’t my standard posting fare and next Friday we will be right back into the thick of it; but I just couldn’t help to take a day and reflect and share.
Now I know the title says New Years Gift and there is one. I’ve gone ahead and released Chapters 10 and 11 for Dragon Rising on Wattpad. Be sure to give it a read and follow me over there so you can get updates on when I publish parts.
Have a wonderful New Year everyone and we will see you next week!